Lesson on Breath - Plié and Relevé
Lesson 3. Breath - Plié and Relevé
Coordinate breath with Plié.
Coordinate breath with Plié to Relevé.
What You Need:
- A barre or piece of furniture you can use as a barre
- A hard, even floor surface for balancing on demi-pointe
- Exercise 1 - Plié with Breath at Barre
- Exercise 2 - Plié with Breath in Centre
- Exercise 3 - Plié to Relevé with Breath at Barre
Notes & Modifications:
- If forced breathing leads you to hyperventilate, then let your breath soften and think about moving your body in a breath-like manner as you plié.
- More advanced students can do the Relevé exercise in centre or on pointe, if you are sufficiently warmed up.
Instructor: Kate Feinberg Robins [email protected]